Monday, June 16, 2008

Knock Knock...

Who's there you're wondering? The freeken Jehovah's! I couldn't even hide when I heard a car pull up, the dog was barking and Beans was crying due to a foot vs. pointy block incident. So I hear the knock, I am hoping that it isn't them..even though I know it is because who the heck else would it be? I open the door to see my *friend*..the same guy every time. He knows my name, knows the husbands name, knows Bean's name... isn't he right on top of that?!? I'm always too nice to rush them out, I just can't be rude or mean. So I listen to their schpeal. Same thing every time pretty much, only now that we are on a first name basis I get to do the whole small talk thing. Greeeaaat. So here we are, me in the doorway, holding Beans and he is going on and on and reciting scripture and blah blah blah. I get it dude, you love God. You love Him so much that you drive around town paying $4+ a gallon for gas to spread the good Word. I get it. I love Him too, I've told you this, you aren't converting me, I'm already on your side. I don't say this of course because well, I don't say anything. Socially, I am an idiot, a shy lame terd of a person. I just nod, try to make eye contact and say "uh huh" when he asks a rhetorical question (which is like every 5 words). I'd like to chat, really, I'd love to give my opinions but I just can't. I'm too shy. I'd like to tell them to call ahead of time and let me have a few drinks first, I'd be much more entertaining and maybe even invite them to sit at the table... but I doubt they do that kind of thing. I can talk to anyone when I have a buzz... straight however is another story. I am just terrible at it. I don't do strangers, I don't make friends and I probably come across as a bitch because heaven forbid I strike up a conversation with someone. Yeah I'm lame.
Anyway..back to the Jehovah's! They are going on and on and Beans now decides that since the door is open, she gets to go outside. So she proceeds to say "shoes" over and over and over the ENTIRE time they are there. He is trying to explain stuff but all you hear is "CHEWS!" (her version of shoes)...and I mean she doesn't stop. Even after they leave she is pointing at the shelf (I have to keep them high up so she doesn't think she can go out if she puts them on herself) and saying "chews chews cheeeeeeeews!!!!" and cries, hard, for what feels like an hour but was prolly more like 2 minutes. Blah!! So now when she gets up from her nap I'll probably have to hear about it again. Freeken Jehovah's!

4 comments:

Sassy said...

Omigosh, this is so freaking funny! The Jehovah's! I can just imagine how badly you probably wanted them to leave while Carly is whining for "chews." Omigosh! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

BWHAHAH! "Hi Mr. Jehovah, excuse me *hiccup* while I pour *hiccup* another glass of whine, I mean, wine... Would you like *hiccup* some?- Ya know, even Jesus drank wine..."
BWhahaha! LOL LOL LOL

Kylee said...

LMAO! They come here sometimes too..but I was still in PJ's. I think that scared them.

Sassy said...

I just read it again and laughed so hard. My dh read it and said you're funny! Oh, we get them too. I turn the tables and try to convert them. LMBO!!!