Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Barnsicle

I recently switched Beans TV time from Disney Channel to PBS. There are a few reasons, the main being that I have seen every episode of every show on Playhouse Disney (how is that even possible..I've only been a mom for 18 months!).. and also because when she watches PBS I fool myself into thinking she is getting smarter.
After about two weeks it is apparent that she is a huge fan of Barney. I suppose its better than her fascination of Bob Bob (Spongebob) but not nearly as entertaining. Bob Bob makes me laugh, Barney makes me want choke someone. It isn't even Barney that I have a problem with..its his "friends." Baby Bop is the biggest BRAT! She just whines on every episode and is a serious pain in the ass. If I wanted to hear whining, I'd turn of the TV and listen to Beans. BJ, the yellow bastard is okay..but the way he calls Baby Bop "Sissy" bugs me. And Rif..well he is new.. new to me anyway, and I hate him too. His voice is annoying and he thinks he is some fantastic inventor or something. Really lame!
I remember the old school Barney. Just him and some kids singing and dancing, yeah it got annoying, but not like this. Now there is this whole huge dialog and lessons and junk. I don't need that, just sing and dance and entertain my kid while I make a cup of coffee and check my email, mmmk?

I do have to say though.. I think part of my Barney issues stems from the fact that we have only 6 episodes recorded and I've seen them each like a dozen times. I need some new material..luckily I have it set to tape the show each day. Not sure if this will be a good or bad thing. If its bad, you'll be miserable with me, because I'll blog about it. You're welcome.

No comments: