Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Evil Genius

Beans is a genius. Truly. Not in the traditional way necessarily, but of the evil variety. She knows how to get what she wants, and she is constantly pushing her luck.

Getting her dressed in the morning has been the most recent battle at our house. She doesn't want to get dressed or go to daycare anymore. This is a phase she goes through every now and then, most of the time she is happy to go to daycare.

Today I decide its time for a fresh start. I am going to trick her and make her get dressed. I tell her she can't watch Toonies (cartoons) until she is dressed. She isn't happy about it, but she loves toonies, so she gives in with no fight.

Ahah! I did it, I win! Right?

No. She plays me. She completely plays me for a fool. Five minutes before its time to leave the house she claims she has to potty. I know she doesn't have to go. She never wants to use the potty, ever. The potty is the easiest way for her clothes to be taken off without her having to hide from me and do it. And at the same time, knowing she doesn't have to go, I don't want to discourage her from potty usage. I really wanted to say "pee in your diaper"..but I didn't. I took her clothes off. She proceeded to sit, not even pee a single drop, and then use a half a roll of toilet paper (which by the way, she doesn't even wipe, she just likes to drop it in the toilet)...

And now comes the fight to get her dressed again.

And its -10 today, so not only does she need an outfit on, she has to wear boots, hat, coat, and mittens.

And she cried when I left her at daycare.

Happy freeken Hump Day.

1 comment:

Audra said...

LMBO! Carly is turning out to be just as hilarious as her Mommy:)